SEO strategies vary based on your website’s target audience and industry. You must employ the right strategies for your content’s specific needs in order to improve your search ranking and convert leads to sales. Listed below are some helpful SEO optimization tips for blog articles that you can use to craft quality content in the future.
Blog SEO Optimization – Step By Step
Follow these steps to optimize your blog content each and every time:
- Identify a keyword or keyphrase to base your article on. For this article, the target phrase is “SEO Optimization.”
- Use the keyphrase in your page title and meta description.
- Incorporate the keyphrase in the page URL, separating each word with a hyphen. Many content management systems, like WordPress, will do this automatically if the phrase is in the page title.
- Use the keyphrase naturally in the article, but avoid keyword stuffing. One occurrence per every 100 words is usually sufficient for SEO optimization.
- Work the keyphrase into the H1 header (usually the title) for the page, as well as at least one subheading with H2-H6 header tags.
- Add images to your content, at least one per 400 words, and use the keyphrase in the title of the images. Use the keyphrase in the alt tags for the images as well.
- Assign categories to all blog posts, incorporating other key terms people may use to find your website.
- Link to high-quality articles on other websites to show search engines you are trying to educate your readers. The number of external links you use is entirely up to you, but 1-4 is fairly standard.
- Link to your own webpages within the article to encourage interaction and build up your website’s authority.
- Provide an author name and profile for the blog posts. If there is more than one author for your blog, make sure each author has a profile with a picture.
Other SEO Optimization Tips For Blogs
Every blog article should be written with intent, meaning that there is a central theme for the blog posts that is referenced regularly. This will usually center around the keyphrase you are targeting for the article. We have mentioned “SEO optimization” several times in this article because that is our intent here.
Establish relationships with other high-quality websites to encourage them to link to your webpages. Do not do this excessively, as Google will suspect foul play if it does not look natural. If other sites use yours as a reference though, your search ranking is bound to increase.
Use the tips above to improve your SEO optimization for blog articles, an your visitors will continue to come back time and time again.