Step-by Step Instructions for Creating a Google+ Page
- Go to https://plus.google.com/pages/create and pick and hit on the description that fits your business best.
- Choose a category from the drop-down menu and hit next.
- Fill in the name of your company and list any external website.
- Decide who your content is appropriate for and check terms of services before hitting continue.
Congratulations! You now have a Google+ page.
Now comes the fun part. Hit continue and begin to fill in each section.
- Begin by adding a profile picture. This will be a small picture in the corner of your page. This could be a personal picture, a logo, product or even a picture of your company headquarters.
- Add a cover photo. This will be the picture in the background of your page. Just like the picture above, choose a picture that would represent your company well.
- Add your contact information. This is how people will get in touch with your business so make sure to fill this out as completely as possible.
- Add the link to your website.
- Before moving on to the next page, scroll down the page and get familiar with the items available to you. You will find that you can share a text, video, photo, link or an event. You now have access to Google Analytics and can see how many people visit your page and how many pages of content they view. You now have the ability to start video calls with members of your company or anyone you decide to add to your hangout. You will also see that you will be updated whenever there is a notification.
- On the next page, you will be asked to introduce your page. This is where you can write a short description about your business.
- Add a tagline. This is where you can put your company motto.
- You will notice that there are several icons in the top right corner. Let’s get familiar with each one.
- If you hit on the company Name, you will be directed to your company page. This is where you can share content and communicate with followers.
- If you hit on the Bell, you will see all of your notifications. You will be updated when someone adds you to their groups, likes or shares content you have posted or if a follower shares content with you.
- The Share button is a quick way to share content without having to go to your page. By hitting this button you can share content, a video, link or a message.
- The Blue Circle on the far left side is used for all of your settings. By pressing this button, you will see that you can add an account, view your dashboard, check your analytics, sign out and adjust all of your basic settings to meet your needs.
- On the left side of your page, you will find a Profile tab. If you hover the mouse over this tab, you will see all of the elements of your page. This is another place to access your dashboard, share content and adjust settings. You can also join groups, see events, search local information and so forth. The profile tab is where you will spend most of your time. This is the guts of your site. All of the features available to you are available under the profile tab. This is the place where you should spend the most time familiarizing yourself with the features of Google+ to get the most benefits from using this platform.
- To the right of the profile tab is a link that says, View Profile as Yourself. By hitting on this link, you will be able to see what others who visit your page are able to view.
- The very top left of the page is where you will see the word GOOGLE+. By hitting on the word, you can see who you are following, who is following you, your customers, VIPs and more. You can also follow new people by hitting on the follow button in the box on the right side of the page. This is where you will find suggestions of people you might want to connect to.
- By typing in the phrase google+questions in the search bar, you will find information on communities, what’s trending and people and pages. This is a great place to target your audience and find out what’s important to that particular audience.
You have now learned all of the components that make up the Google+ page. If you still have questions, please visit: https://support.google.com/?hl=en to get answers to anything related to Google and their services.